Trafalgar Cleaning Equipment Ltd (TCE Ltd) is committed to ensuring that your personal information is protected and never misused. We collect data to improve the service, products and experience.
TCE Ltd manages all data processing procedures for the collection, processing and transmission of data in accordance with the statutory provisions. The following statement gives you an overview of what kind of data is collected, how it is used and passed on, what security measures TCE Ltd takes to protect your data and how you can exercise your rights.
This privacy notice applies to anyone who interacts with us about our products and services for example, by email, through our website, by phone, social media and at trade shows.
This privacy notice applies to you if you ask us about, buy or use our products and services. It describes how we handle your information, regardless of the way you contact us.
If you have any questions about this, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
How Trafalgar Cleaning Equipment Ltd Collect Personal Information
We collect personal information from you through your contact with us, including by phone, by email, and through our websites. For example, you will provide information to us when you contact our customer service teams, place an order, register your warranty, update your preferences and account information, or rate one of our products on our website.
Trafalgar Cleaning Equipment Websites
When visiting the TCE Ltd websites, you transmit data to our web server via your Internet browser (for technical reasons). The following data is recorded during the communication between your Internet browser and our web server:
- Date and time of the request
- Name of the requested file
- Page from which the file was requested
- Access status (file transferred, file not found, etc)
- We browser and operating system used
- Complete IP address of requesting computer
- Transferred data volume
For reasons of technical security, in particular to prevent attempts to attack our web server, this data is temporarily stored by us. It is not possible for us to draw conclusions regarding individuals on the basis of this data.
Further personal information is only collected if you provide it voluntarily, for example as part of an enquiry or registration. Depending on the area concerned, TCE Ltd uses the personal data you provide to answer your enquiries, to process your order and for the purpose of technical administration of the websites.
We use this information so that we can see how well our websites are working, how they are used and what is looked at most often.
Cookies are used for behavioural targeting on our website. These are text files by means of which data containing usage information (websites visited, number of visits, visiting times, length of stay on pages, etc) are stored on your hard disk.
The profiles are anonymised and evaluated for statistical purposes, in order to allow the interests of the respective user when Internet advertising (e.g. banners) is uploaded to other websites. Cookies do not hold any personal data such as name, address or email.
By continuing to use our websites and apps, you accept that cookies will be set on your device.
The website also uses Adobe Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Adobe Systems Software Ireland Limited (“Adobe”). Adobe Analytics uses “cookies” to help the website analyse how users are navigating the site. The IP address is anonymised before storage. The information will allow reports to be compiled on website activity and to provide other services relating to website use and internet use to the website operator.
You can prevent this data from being collected by downloading and installing the browser plug-in at the following link:
You may use social media to contact us about your purchase from TCE Ltd, or to let people know what you think about our products or services. Our marketing team review social media and online sites to get a better understanding of what people are saying about us and our products and this enables us to facilitate contact from consumers who prefer to contact us in this way.
You should review the privacy policies of these sites to ensure you are happy and informed of how your personal information is being collected and shared.
Trafalgar Cleaning Equipment Ltd trade shows
When you visit us in person at our premise and trade show you may share personal information with us such as your name and contact details.
We will also collect personal information about you through our use of CCTV, filming and photography. CCTV cameras are primarily used for security purposes in our Horsham store. We sometimes film and take photographs at trade shows and events; we use film and photographs for our business purposes (for example, to post on our social media pages). We will display notices at our stores, stands and events where we use CCTV, or where we intend to film or take photographs, to let you know that we will collect personal information about you.
Information collected from Third Party data providers
We collect information from third party data providers which enable us to provide information on relevant offers and services from TCE Ltd. The information includes demographic and lifestyle data in order to provide comparative insights into affluence of households within your area.
We may also collect information in relation to our customers from:
- Any service providers who work with us in relation to your business, if we do not provide our products to you directly
- Organisations who carry out customer satisfaction surveys or market research on our behalf, or who provide us with statistics and other information (for example, about your interests, purchases and type of household) to help us to improve our products and services
- Fraud-detection and credit-reference agencies
How do we use your data
Our main reason for collecting and using your personal information is to provide and improve the service, products and experiences that you and our customers expect. Whether our justification is necessary for us to provide you with a particular product, or for our “legitimate interests (see below),” TCE Ltd is committed to take steps to honour your privacy.
We use your personal information as follows:
- To communicate with you
- To respond to queries and requests
- To provide services and support for our products
- In order to conduct customer satisfaction surveys to identify service and product improvements and improve your experience of dealing with TCE Ltd
- To inform you of changes to TCE Ltd’s terms and conditions, policies and other related information we may need to tell you about
- To communicate information about our products and services (if you are happy for us to do this)
- To provide you with information relating to service updates regarding our products
We process your personal information for a number of legitimate interests, including managing all aspects of our relationship with you, for marketing, to help us improve our services and products, and in order to exercise our rights.
Legitimate interest is one of the legal reasons why we may process your personal information. Taking into account your interests, rights and freedoms, legitimate interests which allow us to process your personal information will include:-
- Detection and prevention of fraudulent actions
- Security of our websites, products and IT systems
- Customising and improving the way you shop with us
- Compliance with legal obligations, i.e. regulatory bodies or law enforcement authorities
- Effectiveness of advertisements and promotions
- To develop and carry out marketing activities and to show you information that is of interest to you, based on our understanding of your preferences.
- Statistical research and analysis in order that we can monitor and improve products, services, websites, apps, or develop new ones
- To exercise our rights, to defend ourselves from claims and to keep to laws and regulations that apply to us and the third parties we work with; and
- To take part in, or be the subject of, any sale, purchase, merger or takeover of all or part of the TCE Ltd business.
For more information on how to exercise your right to object, please see the section below “Your Rights.”
Marketing and Preferences
We may use your personal information to send you marketing by post, by phone, through social media, by email and by text.
We can only use your personal information to send you marketing material if we have your permission or a legitimate interest as described above.
If you don’t want to receive marketing communications from us, you can tell us by contacting us at any time. Otherwise, you can always contact us to update your contact preferences. (email@example.com)
You have the right to object to direct marketing and profiling (the automated processing of your information to help us evaluate certain things about you, for example, your personal preferences and your interests) relating to direct marketing.
For more information on how to exercise your right to object to marketing communications please see the section below “Your Rights.”
Processing for Profiling
By law, we must tell you about profiling (automated processing of your information to help us evaluate certain things about you, for example, your personal preferences and your interests).
Like many businesses, we sometimes use automation to provide you with better and consistent service, and marketing information we think will be of interest to you (including discounts on our products and services). This will involve evaluating information about you.
You have the right to object to direct marketing and profiling relating to direct marketing. If you do this, we will no longer carry out profiling for direct marketing purposes. You also have the right to object to profiling in other circumstances set out below.
For more information on how to exercise your right to object to the above, please see the section below “Your Rights.
Contact from Trafalgar Cleaning Equipment Ltd (TCE Ltd)
We like to keep you and all our customers up to date with TCE ltd information regarding the release of new products onto the market, owner information, offers or upcoming events
We do this in various ways, including e-mail, post, via social media platforms and by phone. We want to make sure you are happy with these communications and how we stay in touch with you.
We will only send you marketing communications if you are happy for us to do so.
We will never pass on information outside TCE Ltd to be used for marketing purposes.
If you wish to stop receiving marketing communications from TCE Ltd you have the right to request to stop receiving information this way. For more information on how to exercise your right to object to the above, please see the section below “Your Rights.”
Sharing your information
We sometimes need to share your information with other people or organisations for the purposes set out in this privacy notice.
We may share your information with:
- Those appointed by TCE Ltd to deliver products to you
- Third parties that help us with mailing services, product services, product purchases, financial services, audit services, administrative services, IT technologies (e.g. data storage), security services and insurance claims;
- Third parties that help us provide services and responses to you
- People or organisations we have to, or are allowed to, share your personal information with by law (for example, for fraud-prevention or safeguarding purposes,
- The police and other law-enforcement agencies to help them perform their duties, or with others if we have to do this by law or under a court order;
If we share your personal information, we will make sure appropriate protection is in place to protect your personal information in line with data protection laws
Protecting your Personal Information
We are committed to protecting your personal information. We use appropriate technical and organisational measures, to protect your personal information and privacy, and review those regularly. We protect your personal information using a combination of physical and IT security controls, including access controls that restrict and manage the way in which your personal information and data is processed, managed and handled.
Our procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we share your personal information with you.
We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children. Our products, services and websites are not aimed at children.
If you are a child, please do not attempt to become a registered user of our websites, apps or products or otherwise provide us with any personal information. If we learn that we have inadvertently obtained personal information from a child, we will delete that information as soon as possible.
If you are aware a child has contacted us, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Transferring Information outside of the EEA
TCE Ltd will not transfer any personal information to countries outside of the European Economic Area.
How long do we keep your personal information
We only keep your personal information for as long as we need to, to be able to use it for the reasons given in this privacy notice, and for as long as we are required to keep it by law. The actual period for which we store your personal information will vary depending on the type of personal information and how it is used. For example, when you buy a product from us, we will store information about you and your purchase for at least the term of your warranty.
If you would like more information about how long we will keep your information for, please contact us at email@example.com
Changes to our privacy notice
You have the right to access your information and to ask us to correct any mistakes and delete and restrict the use of your information. You also have the right to object to us using your information, to ask us to transfer of information you have provided and to withdraw permission you have given us to use your information. For more information, see below.
- Right of access: the right to make a written request for details of your personal information and a copy of that personal information
Right to rectification: the right to have inaccurate information about you corrected or removed
- Right to erasure ('right to be forgotten'): the right to have certain personal information about you erased
- Right to restriction of processing: the right to request that your personal information is only used for restricted purposes
- Right to object: the right to object to processing of your personal information in cases where our processing is based on the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or we have let you know the processing is necessary for our or a third party’s legitimate interests. You can object to our use of your information for profiling purposes where it is in relation to direct marketing
- Right to data portability: the right to ask for the personal information you have made available to us to be transferred to you or a third party in machine-readable formats
- Right to withdraw consent: the right to withdraw any consent you have previously given us to handle your personal information. If you withdraw your consent, this will not affect the lawfulness of TCE Ltd’s use of your personal information prior to the withdrawal of your consent and we will let you know if we will no longer be able to provide you your chosen product or service
Please note: Other than your right to object to the use of your data for direct marketing (and profiling to the extent used for the purposes of direct marketing), your rights are not absolute: they do not always apply in all cases and we will let you know in our correspondence with you how we will be able to comply with your request.
If you make a request, we will ask you to confirm your identity if we need to, and to provide information that helps us to understand your request better. If we do not meet your request, we will explain why.
In order to exercise your rights please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Data Protection Rights
If you have any questions, comments, complaints or suggestions in relation to this notice, or any other concerns about the way in which we process information about you, please contact our Data Protection Officer: email@example.com
You also have a right to make a complaint to your local privacy supervisory authority:
Information Commissioner's Office
Cheshire, United Kingdom
Phone: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 (national rate)
Trafalgar Cleaning Equipment Ltd
Unit C, Foundry Close, Horsham, West Sussex. RH13 5TX. United Kingdom
Company Registration No. 02608669 | Company VAT No. 587 6207 04